Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Dollies gone by





Well as this is a new blog I thought it might be nice to post a little about just a few of the dolls I have made over the last year or so, which haven't had a post to themselves.


 First up is Nina...



Nina is a big girl, standing a full 22" tall she has been a lively member of the household! Leaping and running everywhere she went, she's a little whirlwind - a true free spirit! ( just keeping clothes on this one was a challenge!) This custom dolly has left us for sunny Spain, and is already making some special friends!



Sorcha....


Sorcha was a custom 16" doll, a child of the earth who loved nothing more than laying out in the sunshine, watching the clouds roll overhead. It was wonderful to be able to hand deliver Sorcha to her new mama down in Cornwall, I wish I could do that with all my dolls!



Anabelle...


Dear little Anabelle was born last spring, and did so wish it was not so wet and windswept in Devon! She was adopted by a very loving local family, it's nice to know she is not too far away, in fact she popped back to say hello not so long ago, because she heard some of my other dolls now had belly buttons, and of course she didn't want to miss out!




Freya...


 Freya is a doll dear to my heart, she was my first! I made her and fell so in love I couldn't bare to part with her! So she sat, pretty as a picture in my studio gazing out of the window. Over time I could see how she longed for adventure, to skim stones over the lake and catch snowflakes on her tongue! She smiled and congratulated the other dolls as one by one they found their new families, but I knew in my heart she wished for her own! And so sweet Freya was adopted, and is adventuring in America, the land of dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment